Welcome, nuevomexicanophiles!

Submit your email

25 April 2012

Things in Light Podcast #17: Eclipse Mix

Unknown

The above image was chosen for its humorous value, but the invasion of miller moths currently underway in our neck of the woods is somewhat discomfiting. I've been trying to figure out why the vulnerable seekers of light trapped in my abode and the eclipses of them in the great outdoors! are freaking me out; perhaps the "eek" factor I experience when brushing up against these transformed army cutworms reflects my queasiness about my own insatiable hunger for, well, it. In the process of trying to make peace with these harmless creatures, I made a playlist of moth-themed songs to aid in my meditative endeavor.

Things in Light's seventeenth podcast, Eclipse Mix, features tracks by Faun Fables, Cocteau Twins, Stereolab, Burial + Four Tet, Current 93, Aimee Mann, The Flaming Lips, and They Might Be Giants. See the full track listing below.




1. Faun Fables - Moth
2. Cocteau Twins - When Mama Was Moth
3. Stereolab - Space Moth
4. Burial + Four Tet - Moth
5. Current 93 - Judas as Black Moth
6. Aimee Mann - The Moth
7. The Flaming Lips - Moth in the Incubator
8. They Might Be Giants - Bee of the Bird of the Moth

Unknown / a fifth-wave feminist from the fourth estate | a burqueña | a ladyboss | a writer + editor

I am a fifth-wave feminist and a reluctant member⸺hey, Groucho knew whereof he quipped⸺of both the fourth estate and the gig economy. I am an Albuquerque-based freelance writer, editor and social media marketing and branding+PR consultant. I remain an observant ’90s riot grrrl and a devout practitioner of halfhearted yoga posturing and zen and the art of the sentence diagram.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Templates Designed By Templateism | Templatelib - Distributed By Protemplateslab