Welcome, nuevomexicanophiles!

Submit your email

18 March 2011

Bloodlust and New Mexico Garage Punk/Rock

Unknown
Normally, I wouldn't share my narcissistic e-jaying with y'all, but the podcast I made this evening features music by two New Mexico garage institutions, The Drags (R.I.P.) and The Scrams. It also features music by Houston's Sugar Shack (R.I.P.), Hermosa Beach's Descendents (Re-reanimated), San Francisco's J Church (R.I.P.), and Ann Arbor's The Stooges (Real wild zombies). Listen to tracks by all of 'em below. Children of the night. What music they make.

Unknown / a fifth-wave feminist from the fourth estate | a burqueña | a ladyboss | a writer + editor

I am a fifth-wave feminist and a reluctant member⸺hey, Groucho knew whereof he quipped⸺of both the fourth estate and the gig economy. I am an Albuquerque-based freelance writer, editor and social media marketing and branding+PR consultant. I remain an observant ’90s riot grrrl and a devout practitioner of halfhearted yoga posturing and zen and the art of the sentence diagram.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Templates Designed By Templateism | Templatelib - Distributed By Protemplateslab